Generally speaking, Canadians have access to public health insurance, which covers some health costs. Personal health and dental insurance, however, can help cover health expenses not funded by provincial plans.
Disability insurance or critical illness insurance can also protect you and your family from loss of income. Check out the range of products we have available, and obtain quotes to decide which type of policy may work best for you.
Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)
- Do I need private health insurance if I have OHIP?You may need private health insurance to cover additional costs like prescriptions. There are a few ways to start your search and things to consider when finding affordable insurance.
- How do I apply for a Health Card (OHIP)?To get an OHIP Card (Ontario Health Insurance Plan), you have to fill out an application. You also need to collect some documents to submit with your application.
- What is the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)?In Canada, the government provides basic health care to those who live here and who meet the eligibility requirements.
- What can I do to feel less stressed during challenging times?Multilingual videos about mental health support and how to cope with stress during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Who is eligible for OHIP?Some people are not eligible for OHIP. With certain exceptions, to qualify for OHIP, you must meet all of the minimum qualifications.
- What services does OHIP cover?The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) pays for a wide range of health care services. It pays for most basic medical and emergency services. It can pay for all or part of the cost.
- Does OHIP cover me when I am outside Ontario?The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) pays for most of your health care costs when you are outside of Ontario but still in Canada. OHIP only pays for some services when you travel outside of Canada.
- How can I pay for prescription medicine?The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) does not pay for prescription medicine if you are over 25 . The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has programs that can help you pay for prescriptions. Private insurance may also pay these costs.